helping parents create exceptional plans for their exceptional children
Tan Educational Consulting, LLC
We believe parents are the best advocates and understand that managing the special education needs of your children can be overwhelming. Our mission is to support and empower parents to become effective team members in your child’s education and ensure he or she receives the best education to meet their unique needs.
We help you:
- Understand special education laws and the accommodations and modifications available for your child.
- Prepare for and/or accompany you to student meetings, facilitating effective communication with school personnel.
- By making classroom observations and developing goals for student IEPs and 504 Accommodation Plans that include the “whole child” and ensure your child’s special strengths, needs, and interests are addressed.
- Select the best school choices for your child and guide transitions to new schools.
- Access educational resources and trusted professionals including psychologists, speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, and tutors.
- Provide strategies for teachers to use in the classroom and parents to use at home based on the child's academic and behavioral needs and strengths.
- Interpreting reports and explaining the results, child's diagnosis, and his/her individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Sleep well knowing you are providing the best opportunities for your child to learn.
Serving families who are navigating the educational needs of children with:
Autism Spectrum Disorders
Auditory Processing Disorders
Speech & Language Disorders
Occupational Therapy Needs